Cancellations and/or Modifications:
All new field and lights requests must be submitted via Recreation & Parks Athletic Field and Light Request webpage. New Requests will only be accepted by the applicant or designated representative. A minimum of 2 business days is required between time of request and first date requested.
All modifications and/or cancellations to field permits must be submitted at least 2 business days in advance. Modifications will only be accepted by the applicant or designated representative. Requests must be in writing and can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
All modifications and/or cancellations to light permits must be submitted at least 2 business days in advance. Modifications will only be accepted by the applicant or designated representative. Requests must be in writing and can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org In the event of a last-minute change such as extra innings, overtimes, or delays from weather, please contact 240-526-0438 immediately to request additional light time.
- Leagues requesting fields outside of their typical seasons will not get priority. 1st priority is given to those leagues within their typical season.
- Driving onto grass areas and athletic fields is not allowed, exception is for preparing athletic fields. All vehicles must be parked in the parking lots after field prep is complete.
- All debris and trash must be removed from the permitted site immediately after the approved activity.
- Field use after sunset cannot occur on unlit fields.
- Fields will be permitted based on existing number of participants. If growth occurs within the league, re-submission of field requests will be needed.
- Permits that have been issued for fields and are found not to be utilized will be re-assigned to other programs.
- Copies of each League’s field permits are to be given to all coaches/administrators who will be physically utilizing the field space. Field usage is routinely monitored, and teams will be approached to provide a copy of their field permit. Failure to comply could lead to a revocation of the permit.
- St. Mary’s County Recreation and Parks reserves the right to approve, deny, or modify any requests made for athletic field space
Representative/organization is responsible for calling the field cancellation line prior to their scheduled use to confirm fields are not closed. If the fields have been closed, they are not to be used.
301-475-4200 x 1840
Alcohol and Use:
Consumption of alcohol in county parks is prohibited except by permit at designated areas. Park permits authorizing consumption of alcohol in county parks by families, groups and organizations shall be issued upon approval by the Recreation & Parks (R&P) Board contingent upon criteria set forth herein.
All St. Mary’s County Parks Facilities, and Museums are TOBACCO FREE. This includes smoking, vaping or use of any other tobacco or nicotine product.
Park Policies and Procedures:
A copy of the manual in its entirety can be found at: https://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/parkpolicies.pdf
Liability Insurance Policies:
Organizations, churches, businesses, and schools must provide a Certificate of Insurance with minimum coverage of $1,000,000 per occurrence.
shall indemnify and hold harmless St. Mary's County and its officials, employees, and agents from and against any and all liabilities, judgments, settlements, losses, costs or charges (including attorney’s fees) incurred by St. Mary's County or any of its officials, employees or agents as a result of any claim, demand, action or suit relating to any bodily injury (including death), losses property damage caused by, arising out of, related to or associated with the use of the property.