Goals and Objectives
The Building Services Division provides solutions for problems large and small – including when your sink is clogged, your office is too cold, you are locked out of your office, or your light bulbs need changing - just to name a few. The responsibility of supporting the daily business and activities of County-maintained buildings rests with this key department and its workforce. They are likely some of the most familiar faces of County government - the people you see around the office everyday who keep the buildings and grounds clean, beautiful and most importantly, operating smoothly. This is accomplished under the following goals and objectives:
Goal 1 - Provide a Clean Working Environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors, halls, walls, and fixtures on a daily basis.
- Manage custodial / janitorial and pest control services.
- Keep restrooms, faucets, fixtures, sewers and drains in working order.
- Protect and maintain all building exterior surfaces, to include painting and graffiti removal.
- Provide seasonal or annual cleaning and refurbishment of building interiors.
- Assist in the continued improvement of the Office Paper Recycling Program.
- Implement energy management systems and "green building" performance standards.
Goal 2 - Provide a Comfortable Working Environment.
- Maintain electrical and lighting systems.
- Maintain heating, air-conditioning and ventilation systems.
- Maintain plumbing, ceiling and floor systems.
- Maintain the structural and water tight integrity of buildings.
- Manage a service request / work order request program.
- Monitor roof systems to ensure Manage the preventive maintenance program for all equipment located in County owned buildings.
- Perform carpentry, repair of furniture, cabinets and shelving.
Goal 3 - Provide a Safe & Secure Working Environment.
- Manage security, alarm, elevator, and emergency generator systems.
- Respond to asbestos, lead paint, mold abatement.
- Perform snow and ice control on sidewalks and stairs.
- Provide directional, facility and building signage.
- Comply with federal accessibility standards. Monitor fire extinguisher and suppression systems.
Goal 4 - Provide a Friendly Working Environment.
- Give the customer a dedicated and personal service.
- Solve problems in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensure all work carried out is done to the highest standard.
- Maintain the highest standards of appearance and health and safety awareness.
- Do what we do best.