St. Mary's County,
Employee Status: Normal
Office Status: Normal
Public Information Officer
The St. Mary’s County Government Public Information Office serves as the county’s official source of information during emergencies, weather-related and other events. The office responds to inquiries from the public and the media, promotes county government agencies and department events and programs.
The Public Information Office produces and distributes all public communications, including news releases, updates the county website, social media venues and videos. The office manages St. Mary’s County Government TV 95 (SMCG TV 95), the county’s government cable channel.
It also assists with annual events, including Maryland Day, Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, Flag Day, Fire/Rescue Appreciation Day, as well as coordinates groundbreakings, ribbon cutting ceremonies, and other special events.
St. Mary’s County Government offers a number of ways for citizens to receive the latest news and information:
• Sign up to receive E-Notices in your email box
• Register to receive ultra-high-speed emergency notifications by phone
• Access the Newsroom to review the latest St. Mary's County News Releases
• View Live for live and previously recorded meetings of the Board of County Commissioners, Alcohol Beverage Board, Board of Appeals, Metropolitan Commission, Economic Development Commission and Planning Commission
• Want to know when a program will air on SMCG TV 95? Review the schedule here
|• View current and past State of the County reports (Previous Reports)|
• View the St. Mary's County Government in Brief fact Sheet
• Public Information Act requests are handled by the Office of the County Attorney
The Public Information Office staff is available to assist members of the media and the public.
|Public Information Officer
301-475-4200 Ext. *1342
301-475-4200 Ext. *1340
Video Media Producer
301-475-4200 Ext. *1343