The St. Mary’s County Government’s Citizens Academy provides an overview of County programs and services offered. Participants will gain a better understanding of County government operations by learning from directors and staff from County Administration, the Departments of Aging and Human Services, Economic Development, Land Use and Growth Management, Recreation and Parks, Public Works and Transportation and Emergency Services and Technology.
Who can attend?
The Academy is open to county residents, 18 years of age and older. Academy sessions are free, limited to 25 pre-registered participants and last seven weeks.
Dates and Locations?
Academy sessions are held Tuesday evenings from 6 – 9 p.m. at designated locations.
When Can I Apply?
Online Applications for the 2017 Citizens Academy will be available beginning July 1, 2017.
What’s earned at the conclusion?
Participants receive a certificate upon completion of the Academy.
• Citizens Academy Brochure
Citizen Academy Presentations
• County Administration Overview
Aging and Human Services
• Home and Community Based Services Overview
• Human Services Division Overview
• RSVP Overview
• Senior I and A Overview
• Community Programs and Outreach Overview
• Senior Center Operations Overview
• Aging and Human Services September 2016 Schedule
• Loffler Senior Activity Center September 2016 Schedule
• Northern Senior Activity Center September 2016 Schedule
• Garvey Senior Activity Center September 2016 Schedule
• Learning Is Forever (L.I.F.E.) Brochure
• Economic Development Overview
Land Use and Growth Management
• Land Use and Growth Management Overview
Recreation and Parks
• Recreation and Parks Overview
• Parks Division Presentation
• Recreation Division Presentation
• Museums Division Presentation
• Wicomico Shores Golf Course Presentation